The West Central Florida Affiliate and Hillsborough Advisory Board of Mothers Against Drunk Driving®(MADD) will host its signature Walk Like MADD fundraising walk, victim tribute and community awareness event at the University of South Florida on March 24, 2017. The event begins with registration at 5:00 p.m. and will raise funds and rally support for MADD’s mission in Hillsborough County. The 2017 Walk Like MADD Tampa Committee has chosen to dedicate this walk to the men and women who operate tow trucks and service vehicles, as they lost drivers Rogelio Perez-Borroto, Troy McGuire, and Danny Hand due to impaired drivers.
Funds raised through Walk Like MADD help further MADD’s victim services, underage drinking prevention programs and the Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving, and all funds raised stay in our community.
Walk like MADD has three main components:
*Remember: We walk for those who no longer can and alongside those who are learning to walk again.
* Inspire: We walk empowered even when we feel powerless, as survivors when we have been victimized, and with purpose when we have lost our way.
*Commit: We walk with supporters who share our vision of no more drunk driving victims.
There are several other ways to participate in Tampa’s Walk Like MADD, even if attendance is not possible:
*Form a team– Have your company stand with us in the fight to create a future where we have no more victims.
* Donate – Give to a participant or a team to help them reach their fundraising goals.
* Be a virtual walker – If someone can’t be there in person, there are still ways for them to get involved and raise money for this important cause.
* Volunteer – We need help the day before, day of, or the days after the big event.
* Partner – Consider becoming an official event partner. We have a variety of packages and every dollar goes towards making West Central Florida safer.
We thank you for all that you do in the community, and look forward to seeing your company represented at our 10th Annual Tampa Walk Like MADD.